How to Apply
Welcome to the Nutmeg Admissions Office. Nutmeg strives to make the process of becoming a Nutmeg trainee as easy as possible.
We welcome and encourage any prospective student and their families to visit Nutmeg for a day. Torrington Connecticut is located in the scenic southern gateway to the Berkshires in a beautiful New England setting. We pride ourselves on our welcoming environment, where visiting students are made to feel at ease among our trainees and faculty. We look forward to hearing from you.
Enrollment Process for Summer and Year-Round Residency Programs:
Step One: Audition
As part of the application process, all prospective students will be required to audition.
There are three methods by which to audition:
Method 1 – At Audition Site:
- To find a site near you, please go to the 2017 National Audition Tour.
- One you have selected a date on which to audition, please download the Audition Registration Form.
- Please plan on bringing 2 copies of this form with you on the day of your audition.
- Dress in the following attire: Females: dark leotard, pink tights & shoes, no skirt; Males: white t-shirt, tights (grey, black or white) and matching shoes.
Method 2 – DVD Audition:
- If you are unable to be present at any of the auditions on the tour or if you are applying to our Year-Round Residency Program after the audition tour has concluded, you may submit a video audition DVD.
- Please download the DVD Audition Guidelines for more information.
Method 3 – On-Campus Audition:
- Students may also arrange an on-campus audition by taking a technique class at Nutmeg.
- These are scheduled on a limited basis and only during Nutmeg’s regular year-round program.
- If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please contact Lisa Lopez at 860.482.4413 Ext. 304 or email at LLopez@nutmegconservatory.org
Step Two: Post-Acceptance Procedure
Within 2 weeks of your audition, students will be contacted by our Admissions Office.
Year-Round Residency Program
- If you have been accepted into the Year-Round Residency program and are of high school age, please be aware that you must contact the Director of Academics to discuss qualifications and enrollment procedures for our academic program. Visit our Academics Program (CAP) for further information concerning academics. You may also contact Donna M. Mattiello, Director of Academics, at 860.482.4413 Ex. 314, or DMattiello@nutmegconservatory.org.
- Nutmeg utilizes School and Student Services (SSS) to assess financial ability to pay for the Residency Year-Round Program. No student will be considered for a financial scholarship unless a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) is completed on the SSS website. Please click on the following link to start the process: http://sssbynais.org/parents.
- If you have been accepted into one of our Summer Programs, please view Tuition information below.
Regardless of which program to which a student has been accepted, we welcome any prospective student and their family to visit us. We would love to meet with you, arrange a tour and allow you to take a class as our guest. To arrange for a visit, please contact Lisa Lopez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step Three: 2017 – 2018 Tuition Overview
Professional High School
Training Program = $7,250*
Room/Board/Academic Supervision = $23,750
Total = $31,000
Post High School
Training Program = $7,250*
Room/Board = $18,600
Total = $25,850
Professional 6 Day Programs
(2:30pm start M-F, Sat) – Training Program = $7,250*
(4:00pm start M-Th, 2:30pm F, Sat) – Training Program $5,250*
Professional 5 Day Programs
(4:00pm start M-Th, Sat) – Training Program = $4,250*
*Includes $150 Activity Fee.
****ADD $5,150 FOR ANY DAY STUDENT ATTENDING ACADEMIC PROGRAM****