How to Apply
Welcome to the Nutmeg Admissions Office. Nutmeg strives to make the process of becoming a Nutmeg trainee as easy as possible.
We welcome and encourage any prospective student and their families to visit Nutmeg for a day. Torrington Connecticut is located in the scenic southern gateway to the Berkshires in a beautiful New England setting. We pride ourselves on our welcoming environment, where visiting students are made to feel at ease among our trainees and faculty. We look forward to hearing from you.
Enrollment Process for Summer and Year-Round Residency Programs:
Step One: Audition
As part of the application process, all prospective students will be required to audition.
There are three methods by which to audition:
Method 1 – At Audition Site:
- To find a site near you, please go to the 2018 National Audition Tour.
- One you have selected a date on which to audition, please download the Audition Registration Form.
- Please plan on bringing 2 copies of this form with you on the day of your audition.
- Dress in the following attire: Females: dark leotard, pink tights & shoes, no skirt; Males: white t-shirt, tights (grey, black or white) and matching shoes.
Method 2 – VIDEO Audition:
- If you are unable to be present at any of the auditions on the tour or if you are applying to our Year-Round Residency Program after the audition tour has concluded, you may submit a video audition DVD or video link (YouTube/Vimeo).
- Please download the VIDEO Audition Guidelines for more information.
- Payment may be submitted online. here.
- Include a completed Audition Registration Form and Photos (First Arabesque and Headshot).
Method 3 – On-Campus Audition:
- Students may also arrange an on-campus audition by taking a technique class at Nutmeg.
- These are scheduled on a limited basis and only during Nutmeg’s regular year-round program.
- If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please contact Lori Pagno at 860.482.4413 Ext. 304 or email at LPagano@nutmegconservatory.org
Step Two: Post-Acceptance Procedure
Within 2 weeks of your audition, students will be contacted by our Admissions Office.
Year-Round Residency Program
- If you have been accepted into the Year-Round Residency program and are of high school age, please be aware that you must contact the Director of Academics to discuss qualifications and enrollment procedures for our academic program. Visit our Academics Program (CAP) for further information concerning academics. You may also contact Donna M. Mattiello, Director of Academics, at 860.482.4413 Ex. 314, or DMattiello@nutmegconservatory.org.
- You may want to review, Congratulations, You’ve Been Accepted! Now what?
- Nutmeg utilizes School and Student Services (SSS) to assess financial ability to pay for the Residency Year-Round Program. No student will be considered for a financial scholarship unless a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) is completed on the SSS website. Please click on the following link to start the process: http://sssbynais.org/parents.
- Financing available via Your Tuition Solution. For information visit yourtuitionsolution.com. You may contact Springstone Financial, LLC directly by calling (800) 920-9777 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the various financing options available.
- If you have been accepted into one of our Summer Programs, please view Tuition information below.
Regardless of which program to which a student has been accepted, we welcome any prospective student and their family to visit us. We would love to meet with you, arrange a tour and allow you to take a class as our guest. To arrange for a visit, please contact Lori Pagano, at LPagano@nutmegconservatory.org.
Step Three: 2018 – 2019 Tuition Overview
Professional High School
Training Program = $7,250*
Room/Board/Academic Supervision = $23,750**
Total = $31,000
Post High School
Training Program = $7,250*
Room/Board = $18,600
Total = $25,850
* Includes $150 activity fee
** Modification of tuition due to other courses of academic study is available. Please contact Lori Pagano via email to discuss tuition discounts: LPagno@nutmegconservatory.org
Professional 6 Day Programs
(2:30pm start M-F, Sat) – Training Program = $7,250*
(4:00pm start M-Th, 2:30pm F, Sat) – Training Program $5,250*
Professional 5 Day Programs
(4:00pm start M-Th, Sat) – Training Program = $4,250*
*Includes $150 Activity Fee.
****ADD $5,150 FOR ANY DAY STUDENT ATTENDING ACADEMIC PROGRAM****
Tuition Refund Policy
Requests for prorated tuition charges or refunds for any reason other than a medical issue cannot be granted. In the event of an injury or illness, as determined by a physician, any refund amount may be allowed only at the full discretion of Nutmeg Conservatory for the Arts. In all cases, deposits are non-refundable.